Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for various ends, so let's take a peek at these. Thus, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you'd like to have a blog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by certain firms, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting plans are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular spell of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between individual sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some providers offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you would like to share a big quantity of pics with chums or colleagues since the solution is mostly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your e-mailbox accounts. Some providers offer web page hosting services for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can create mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to manage as many video files as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a website. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and email addresses, upload video files, and so on. At Artist Web Services, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular web content only.